Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I spent the past 3 days having quick meetups with some of the people that matter to me most. I spent Monday just to meetup with the boy to have dinner, then Tuesday was to meet Rahmat Adil for like, 30 minutes or so. And here's the thing. I appreciate our friendship, because he's like the so near yet so far friend. We hardly call each other, let alone meet or sms, but once in a blue, blue moon, we sorta know that he'll either look for me or vice versa, and we'll talk for a short while, whether it's a call or a meetup, always to let each other know that we're still alive, and it's indirectly a reminder that he's only a call away should I need him.
Anyway, I met him at Causeway Point with that rascal-of-a-Matin, who has become quite the bugger these days. He's so mischievous, you can just see that hint, that little sparkle in his eyes, when he's up to something. And coincidentally, since Rahmat and I were dressed in black, we got disapproving looks from old couples and the snooty side-glances from younger couples, all of whom were probably thinking that Matin's our lovechild out of wedlock. This was when he carried Matin and I walked beside them. Tsk tsk. Maybe they didn't hear him screaming KAK ELYN. Or hear me speak "kau-aku" with Rahmat.
This is even worse when I was walking with Fattah the other time, him carrying Matin and me the pram. The look they gave us = straightforward stereotyping. I felt like there was an invisible stamp on my forehead which said "Look at me and my young husband and our anak luar nikah". WTF man. And not that I condone having children out of wedlock, but society should really stop being so discriminating and judgemental about things. I mean I honestly think there are better things to be judgemental aboout. Like whether we're being environmentally-friendly humans in the first place.
But then again I don't blame them la. I think I'd have done the same. Heh.
Then today, was a quickie with Fatin and Liy, and sorry Fatin, but it was her first time BOWLING. yes, when it's like 1 month away from her 20th birthday, she bowled for the first time. How cute! But seriously, not bad for a virgin. She had like two consecutive spares.
And the thing I appreciate about these two girls is how we can talk about anything under the sun. Last week was the typical talk about relationships and all. But today we randomly talked about politics and it was funny how we got so expressive and caught up in a topic we never thought we'd talk about at all. But of course, it's ironic how people generally look at us and think we're a bunch of airheads who probably spend our pastime talking about boys, fashion, ogling, etc. (which honestly, is the last thing we do, and I'm not kidding)
Labels: catching up with the stereotyped
X O X O; 10:20 pm